Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Beyond Trauma workshop coming up

I've just registered for an all day workshop on trauma that I'm excited to share with you all.  I will certainly blog afterwards, but I thought I'd give you a preview of what is to come....

Lydia Bartholow is the teacher, and based on what I've been reading about her, this is going to be a holistic and radical learning experience.  As a gardener and curandera who loves to use plants to heal, I am beyond thrilled that Lydia is an herbalist and brings these ancient practices to trauma-informed care. Read an interview with her that includes a recipe for a stress-relieving tea, which I am planning on making very soon.  Cool that I have my own dried lavender and rose to use, and thinking whether I can grow the other herbs come this spring/summer. If you live in the Pacific NW and have grown skullcap, oat straw or alfalfa, share your tips in the comments section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment