I am back from Italy and going to be integrating the experience for a long time….the teacher training was a remarkable experience. Uma embodies the wisdom of nidra shakti, the energy of sleep, and transmits so much. She does it all with humor, some F-bombs and a lifetime dedicated to nidra and yoga. We covered yoga philosophy, explored the many therapeutic benefits of nidra (there’s a whole chapter on this in her encyclopedia) and more. We practiced nidra a few times a day, and then we went into teacher mode, teaching short 15 minute nidras. As a nidra teacher I felt myself deepening my knowledge of nidra, as well as my personal practice. I have been on this path of learning from Uma for about 6 years now. She was a guest speaker at my first nidra teacher training, then I took her Total Yoga Nidra Immersion online a few years ago, all the while practicing many of her nidras on her website, so meeting her in person felt natural….like “about time you sit down and study with her IRL.”
The 11 students came from the UK, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Italy, Switzerland, US and me, representing Latin America. It was such a lovely group of people – all passionate about yoga and yoga nidra.
The site of the retreat is at Tara Nature Retreat in the Umbria countryside, and it was so restful. Our shala for the retreat.
No television, a beautiful outdoor platform for yoga, a fantastic pool where we did a watery aqua nidra, bringing together two of my favorite things - being in a pool and nidra!
The food was prepared by Reena, a chef that accompanies Uma on some of her events and has done the nidra training. She has roots in India, so her menu was this amazing blend of Indian dishes, with sometimes some Italian ones. All vegetarian.
So now I am working on my case study, which will be offering 4 yoga nidras to a group of students, gathering their feedback, to create a report for submission to Uma. Then I will be a certified Total Yoga Nidra teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment